Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 Summary and Reflection Post

The turning of another calendar year means it is time for an annual tradition: my summary and reflection post.  2022 has been a rough year for me on several fronts, but it was also a transition year that hopefully sets the foundation for better things ahead.  We did 36 new hikes this year for 86.75 miles across 13 different states.  We also redid 13 "old" hikes to capture some video for our (relatively) new YouTube channel.  None of those numbers are anywhere near records, but they are decent numbers all things considered.

Thinking in terms of my longer term goals, here is an update on the hiking goals I set back in 2014:

1. Upgrade all blog hikes with pictures: completed in 2019.
2. Hike in all 50 states by age 50: 1 state to go (Hawaii), 4 years left to get it.
3. Do 1000 blog hikes by age 50: on schedule to get there.  We finished this year at 922 blog hikes.  We should get to 1000 blog hikes sometime in 2024 if my health holds.

Looking ahead to 2023, I have a full set of hiking trips planned.  They include trips to the Georgia/Florida state line, eastern Tennessee, Oklahoma City and Kansas City, western Massachusetts, and (of course) Ohio.  I also have 7 months left on my annual Georgia state parks pass, and I plan to make the most of that pass.

Lord bless and see you on the trail in 2023!

David Prager, aka Big Dave the Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment