Thursday, December 31, 2020

What a Year 2020 Has Been

I still have a few more hikes to post from my December hiking trip to Dothan, AL, but the turning of the calendar says it is time for my annual summary and reflection post.  We've all had a rough year, and my hiking has not been immune to the pandemic.  Although I have managed to stay Covid-free, I had to cancel 2 hiking trips totaling 11 "trail days" this year.  Nevertheless, we still managed to get out there quite a bit.  We did 49 new hikes in 2020 totaling 117.9 miles.  The hikes came across 18 states including 2 new states: Kansas and Colorado; 47 of the 50 states are now represented in this trail journal.  I passed 2190 career hiking miles (the length of the Appalachian Trail) during my Colorado hiking trip in July, and this year saw the debut of the YouTube vlog complement to this photo and text trail journal.  All things considered, it was a pretty good year on the trail observing God's creation in its natural state.

Looking ahead to 2021, I have a hiking trip to Florida scheduled for January, but after that the pandemic-inspired academic calendar at my university will keep me off the road for awhile.  I hope to get to Crater Lake, Oregon this summer, another bucket list destination for me.  However, unlike my usual schedule-a-year-in-advance philosophy, all hiking trips in the near future will be dependent on how the pandemic continues to unfold; hopefully we are almost through it.  Also, the ongoing rebranding of my online presence from Math Prof Hiker to Parking Full Time will continue.  Finally, I am working on a disc golf version of this trail journal, and I hope to debut the Parking Full Time Disc Golf Reviews in a couple of months.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my hikes in 2020, and I look forward to bringing you more hikes and content in 2021.

Lord bless and have a great 2021,

David Prager, aka Math Prof Hiker, aka Big Dave the Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment